Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- TB compensation
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
53 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Research and Evaluation
We have a wealth of intelligence already available to us. It is vital that we analyse this intelligence thoroughly, share it widely, and use it effectively.
Research enables us to shape our policies and services to the needs of learners and learning providers in Wales. We can then develop a systematic approach to best understand and address the needs of learners across Wales and ensure that policies and products respond to these needs.
Details of some of our work
Among other things, we have established a major customer research strategy, which looks at learners’ satisfaction with learning, as well as attitudes and motivations towards learning.
We undertake policy and market research in line with the business needs. Recent activity includes research into:
- Learning Options for 14-19 year olds in Wales
- Basic Skills Capacity in Wales
- Barriers to Learning Amongst Selected Communities
- As well as reviewing the skill needs of a number of strategic sectors in Wales.
All our programmes are evaluated and we rigorously implement changes in accordance with the findings. New initiatives have inbuilt evaluation frameworks which support programme design.
We also develop tailored evaluation guidance for partners, including ensuring that timely and accurate information is accessible to everyone interested in education and training in Wales. This information is available on the website.