Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- TB compensation
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
53 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Independent review of Digital Classroom Teaching Task and Finish Group
He set up an external task and finish group to lead the review. The aim was to identify 'which digital classroom delivery aspects should be adopted to transform learning and teaching' for those aged 3 to 19.
In particular, the group was asked to consider:
- how high-quality, accessible digital classroom content could be developed;
- how National Grid for Learning (NGfL) Cymru was used, and whether there was a more effective way to deliver its aims;
- whether and how a cloud-based content delivery system (e.g. the 'iTunes University' model); would work alongside a virtual learning environment (VLE) for Wales;
- how high-quality English and Welsh language content could be generated;
- how to develop Welsh intellectual property which can be used to deliver digital teaching content; and
- how teachers might get the digital teaching skills to use ICT to transform schools.
The group was also asked to identify the implications for funding, planning and governance of services arising from these points.
The group carried out its work in a series of meetings and digital communications between November 2011 and February 2012. It heard from invited presenters and considered written responses by teachers and others to an invitation to submit views on the subject.
The group's report recommends action to introduce, embed and promote the use of digital technologies in education. The group believes strongly that digital technologies, combined with sound pedagogy, can make a substantial difference to learning experiences and provider performance.
- Digital classroom teaching: Best practice case studies website