Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
82 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Review of Qualifications 14-19
On 29 September 2011, the Deputy Minister for Skills, Jeff Cuthbert, launched a review to look into the qualifications currently on offer. The aims were to identify the qualifications that are most relevant, valued and understood and to ensure that these are available to learners. It also considered issues related to assessment and measurement of performance. The review ran from September 2011 to November 2012.
The review was overseen by a project board consisting of external advisers and internal Welsh Government officials, with an external Chair. This ensured that the review was based on impartial views and evidence, and was open to ideas and challenge from stakeholders.
The Project Board delivered its final report and recommendations to the Deputy Minister for Skills on 28 November 2012. A copy of the report is below.
On 29 January 2013, the Deputy Minister made an oral statement announcing that the Welsh Government broadly accepted all of the Review’s recommendations. In accepting these, the Welsh Government is setting a clear strategic direction and vision for qualifications for 14- to 19-year olds in Wales.
If you need any further information, please email email@example.com