Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
The Minister for Education and Skills Huw Lewis has issued a Statement: WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014.
- Voices of women could be lost in times of austerity Minister warns
- Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone is expanded
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Proposed amendments to the criminal offences and defences in sections 2, 28 and 42 of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979.
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
48 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
PISA INSET Training pack
PISA assessments require learners to apply, analyse, synthesise and evaluate skills in a variety of contexts within mathematical literacy, reading and scientific literacy.
Using PISA and PISA-style materials, as part of everyday learning and teaching, can better prepare learners for this type of assessment and support a more expansive pedagogy.
DfES has developed a suite of PISA INSET materials for use by primary and secondary schools, local authorities and/or consortia to deliver quality training for teachers.
The training materials focus on the development of effective teaching methods or pedagogy based on metacognition and developing thinking skills.
They provide practical advice and support for teachers in understanding the style, purpose and level of challenge of PISA and how it can be used to support teaching and learning.
The training materials have been designed as a suite of 8 ‘INSET modules’. Each module is approximately 1 hour in duration and can be used individually or as part of a continuing programme of work.
Modules 1 to 7 in the series are now available to download from Learning Wales - a new website for education practitioners in Wales.
Module 8 is currently in development and will be published in June 2013.