Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
Jobs Growth Wales has now helped young people to start up 345 new businesses
- Next phase of Cardiff Capital Region Metro revealed
- Changes to moorland classification announced
- More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Agricultural Waste Call for Evidence
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
44 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Admission of patients to mental health facilities
- End of foundation phase outcomes and National Curriculum teacher assessment of core subjects at Key Stages 2 and 3 - Revised
- Jobs Growth Wales
- National curriculum teacher assessments of the non-core subjects - Revised
- Patients in mental health hospitals and units
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Raising standards of literacy and numeracy
Our National Literacy and National Numeracy Programmes outline the actions that we are taking to improve standards of literacy and numeracy over a five year period.
The introduction of the National Literacy and Numeracy Framework (LNF) and the National Reading and Numeracy Tests are important parts of both programmes. Both the National Literacy Programme (external link) and National Numeracy Programme (external link) can found on Learning Wales.
The National Literacy and Numeracy Framework
The LNF has been statutory in Wales since September 2013 and sets out clear expectations for literacy and numeracy for learners aged 5 to 15. It places an expectation on schools to ensure literacy and numeracy skills are embedded throughout the curriculum.
More information on the LNF, including the interactive framework, resources and classroom materials are available on Learning Wales (external link).
The National Support Programme
The National Support Programme (NSP) helps support schools in the implementation of the LNF by ensuring they receive the necessary support and training. The support is tailored to each individual school and is provided by a specialist. The NSP is available for download on Learning Wales (external link).
The National Reading and Numeracy Tests
All learners in years 2-9 must sit the National Reading and Numeracy Tests. The tests help identify how best to challenge and support learners in developing literacy and numeracy skills. Each pupil receives and individual report at the end of the summer term.
Further information on the tests can be found on Learning Wales (external link).