Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
Jobs Growth Wales has now helped young people to start up 345 new businesses
- Next phase of Cardiff Capital Region Metro revealed
- Changes to moorland classification announced
- More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Undertaking Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessments guidance
- Draft Designing Gypsy and Traveller Sites in Wales guidance
- Draft Managing Gypsy and Traveller Sites in Wales guidance
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Agricultural Waste Call for Evidence
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
42 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Admission of patients to mental health facilities
- End of foundation phase outcomes and National Curriculum teacher assessment of core subjects at Key Stages 2 and 3 - Revised
- Jobs Growth Wales
- National curriculum teacher assessments of the non-core subjects - Revised
- Patients in mental health hospitals and units
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Hwb - Towards a digital future
A pioneering new digital learning platform for all 3-19 education institutes in Wales.
Are you inspired by the possibilities that digital technologies can offer learners? Do you help young people to play an active part in the fast-changing digital landscape?
A dynamic new digital learning platform has been launched, which provides a space for teachers and educators to share and access a range of digital tools and resources which will support the learning of all 3 to 19 year olds in Wales.
Hwb, Wales' bilingual virtual learning environment, will also provide learners and teachers with the opportunity to create and share their own resources and work collaboratively.
As part of the learning platform, schools are able to transform the way they communicate with learners and their parents, through their own Hwb+ individual learning platforms.
By signing up to Hwb, schools will be able to access Microsoft's cloud service Office 365 for teachers and learners. A range of tools and content will also be progressively added to Hwb over the lifetime of the service.
Office 365 provides an online version of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote and Lync. This ensures that all staff and pupils have access to the Microsoft Office suite regardless of whether they have it installed on their own computer.
This is the first major step as part of a wider digital learning strategy which attempts to boost the information technology (IT) competency of teachers entering the profession and help promote a culture of digital citizenship for learners.
Access the Hwb digital learning platform (external link) or check our @DfESWALES Twitter (external link) feed for further updates.