Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
Funding to trial new, more efficient methods of delivering public transport to improve access to jobs and services, particularly in rural areas.
- European investment helps bring Superfast Broadband to Wales – Jane Hutt
- Genpower to create 35 new jobs in Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone with Welsh Government support
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
51 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Lead and Emerging Practitioner Schools Project
School to school support is an effective driver to raise school standards. The Lead and Emerging Practitioner Schools project enables strong performing secondary and primary schools (the Lead Practitioner School) to be matched with a school that has already begun its improvement journey (the Emerging Practitioner School).
The Emerging Practitioner School will have already shown an early improvement of pupil outcomes, although this may not necessarily be sustained. The school may have had a mixed record of in-school variability over the last 2-3 years and the support of the Lead Practitioner School will assist with stabilising this variability.
The development and sharing of best practice and information will be of benefit to both the lead and emerging school and both schools should have a positive approach to self improvements and demonstrate a willingness to learn from the process.
It is envisioned that this 18 month pathfinder project will enable the Emerging Practitioner School to be sustainable in the longer term and itself be eligible for the position of Lead Practitioner School.
There have been two tranches of the project to date, and we are also developing a bespoke programme for special schools. Further information can be found on the web-links aside.