Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
82 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Raising Standards and Tackling Workload
The Welsh Government is a signatory to the Agreement and a member of the Workforce Agreement Monitoring Group (WAMG). We have been working in partnership with local authorities in Wales to support schools as they implement the necessary changes.
Schools have made good progress in meeting their obligations to have in place plans to deliver the contractual changes by the statutory dates. This reflects the very significant efforts of both schools and also LEA Change Co-ordinators who provide schools with support, practical advice and training.
We want to build on this good progress – and continue to support schools as they consider their school staffing structures and improve and refine their remodelling strategies to ensure that these are robust and sustainable for the future.
A range of key guidance materials and information has been developed to support remodelling schools since 2003, and these continue to provide valuable advice to schools as they plan for the future.
These support materials have been supplemented by a range of case studies that describe some of the remodelling strategies already implemented by schools in Wales. We hope to add to these as we continue to share experience between schools.