Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
First Minister welcomes publication of Welsh Speaking Communities report
First Minister, Carwyn Jones, has today welcomed the publication of the report and proposed work plan of the Welsh Speaking Communities Task and Finish Group.
- Views sought on positive plans to create a better Wales
- Moving forward, changing lives: New employment programme to help Wales’ hardest to reach young people
- First Minister welcomes publication of Welsh Speaking Communities report
- School term dates regulations
- Draft Planning (Wales) Bill and Positive planning: proposals to reform the planning system in Wales
- Delivering Growth: An Action Plan for the Food and Drinks Industry 2014-2020
- Further review of the exceptions to regulations regarding the maximum length of fishing boats in the 0-6 nautical mile zone
- Managing radioactive waste safely
- Draft Statutory Instrument - Infant formula and follow-on formula (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2014
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
65 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightDraft Budget 2014-15
Our focus is on protecting the NHS and schools, boosting economic growth and creating jobs, as well as tackling poverty and protecting the vulnerable.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Using Data Effectively
One of the principles of the Information Management Strategy is that data should only be stored if it will be useful. Here you can find out how this principle is applied to the National Pupil Database (NPD), to Statistics for Wales and to the Database of Approved Qualifications in Wales (DAQW).
The first major step towards enabling the use of the Pupil Level Annual School Census (PLASC) & National Data Collection (NDC) data at all levels within the Welsh Education Sector is the NPD.
The National Pupil Database has been established to give schools, local education authorities (LAs) and government policy teams an easy to use tool to access and analyse anonymised individual pupil data. The NPD links PLASC & NDC data to allow schools to compare their results with other similar schools.
Use for: Analysis of pupil data.
Visit the National Pupil Database website for more information.
Statistics for Wales
The Assembly's Statistical Directorate carry out detailed analysis of data from every statutory collection. Electronic copies of their publications and bulletins can be found in the statistics topic area of our website.
Database of Approved Qualifications in Wales (DAQW)
This database contains details of all qualifications approved for teaching in Wales.
Any queries on the content of this webpage should be sent to IMS@wales.gsi.gov.uk.