Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
83 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Using Data Effectively
One of the principles of the Information Management Strategy is that data should only be stored if it will be useful. Here you can find out how this principle is applied to the National Pupil Database (NPD), to Statistics for Wales and to the Database of Approved Qualifications in Wales (DAQW).
The first major step towards enabling the use of the Pupil Level Annual School Census (PLASC) & National Data Collection (NDC) data at all levels within the Welsh Education Sector is the NPD.
The National Pupil Database has been established to give schools, local education authorities (LAs) and government policy teams an easy to use tool to access and analyse anonymised individual pupil data. The NPD links PLASC & NDC data to allow schools to compare their results with other similar schools.
Use for: Analysis of pupil data.
Visit the National Pupil Database website for more information.
Statistics for Wales
The Assembly's Statistical Directorate carry out detailed analysis of data from every statutory collection. Electronic copies of their publications and bulletins can be found in the statistics topic area of our website.
Database of Approved Qualifications in Wales (DAQW)
This database contains details of all qualifications approved for teaching in Wales.
Any queries on the content of this webpage should be sent to IMS@wales.gsi.gov.uk.