Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
- European investment helps bring Superfast Broadband to Wales – Jane Hutt
- Genpower to create 35 new jobs in Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone with Welsh Government support
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
50 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The National Agreement makes clear that the reform of the roles of support staff in schools is critical to delivering the contractual changes it introduces.
This also means that support staff are more fully recognised for their contribution to raising standards as professional members of the school team. They will benefit from increased opportunities to take on new and extended roles in support of teaching and learning, supported by the right training and development opportunities and new career paths. School support staff can expect to be properly remunerated for their roles and responsibilities.
WAMG issued a range of guidance and advice to help schools in considering the deployment of support staff – these can be found under Support Staff Resources. Examples of how schools have deployed support staff can be found in the School Case Studies section – this can be found in the main ‘Change Management’ section.
We have also made regulations and issued guidance to explain the Higher Level Teaching Assistant role. These are contained in our Circular 29/2008 which can also be found under Support Staff Resources.
The regulations make it clear that it is for the headteacher to determine whether an individual is suitably qualified and experienced to undertake a HLTA role. We have, however, established an independent process to assess suitable candidates against the HLTA Standards. Successful candidates are awarded HLTA status that confirms they have met the standards.
The HLTA assessment process is currently managed on behalf of the Welsh Assembly Government by Consortia Cymru. Further information about the assessment process may be obtained from Local Authority Change Co-ordinators or Consortium offices.