Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
81 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Skills and training
We provide impartial advice and guidance on meeting the training needs of businesses and the individuals they employ.
At every stage of developing a business, there are a wide range of programmes of support available to assist in addressing the skills needs that arise.
We offer businesses recruitment support to allow them to grow their workforce. This support comes through apprenticeships, wage incentives and guidance on how to approach the recruitment process.
We offer training support to allow businesses to develop the skills of their workforce. This support comes through funded and part funded training programmes and guidance on where to access the right training at the right time.
If you are looking to up-skill your existing workforce, or to recruit staff to assist your business, contact our business advisors on 03000 603 000 or visit www.business.wales.gov.uk
Policy statement on skills and Skills implementation plan
In January 2014, we published our long-term ambition for employment and skills policy in Wales. A commitment within the statement was to produce a Skills Implementation Plan which would set out the key actions to be undertaken and their timeline for delivery. These actions support the longer-term reform required to secure a resilient and sustainable skills system for Wales.