In this section
Section highlightThe People’s NHS Part of an initiative to engage the public in creating a safe and sustainable health service for the future.
Spreading the word »Action on the ground to increase learning materials in the medium of Welsh.Learn more »
First Minister’s call for action on the Welsh language
- Local Government Democracy Bill approved
- Minister welcomes report which could change shape and structure of education delivery in Wales for the better
- First Minister’s call for action on the Welsh language
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Housing and community
- Improving public services
Welsh languageWelsh-language technology and digital media action plan
The action plan sets out our commitment to drive developments in the field of Welsh-language technology and digital media.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightAccess to information
The Welsh Government has followed the principles of openness in government for many years. Find out how you can make a freedom of information request or see requests that have already been made.
The Strategy for Older People in Wales 2013-2023 »The 3rd phase focuses on ensuring that older people in Wales have the resources to deal with the challenges and opportunities they face.Learn more »
- A new vision for a National Youth Work Strategy
- The future delivery of education services in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 23 Economic Development
- Draft industrial and commercial sector plan
- Waste Prevention Programme
- Building Control system and Approved Document supporting regulation 7
Featured consultation »Improving access to substance misuse treatment for veterans
65 days left
In this section
Section highlightIndex of Planning Policy Guidance for Wales
Our land use planning policy guidance is set out in two core documents, "Planning Policy Wales" and "Minerals Planning Policy Wales".
Legislative programme 2012 - 2013 »
Addressing the Assembly in the Senedd today, the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, detailed the eight bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the second year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightCommunity Infrastructure Levy
Local authorities can charge a Community Infrastructure Levy on new developments to support the infrastructure needed.
Infrastructure Investment Case Studies »
Examples of infrastructure investment projects funded by the Welsh Government across Wales.Learn more »
Leadership and Management
They can have a huge impact on the Welsh economy as a whole. With proper training and development you can tackle the business challenges you face now and create a better workforce.
Enhanced Leadership and Management Skills is a new programme which can help you to improve the skills of your managers and workforce.
The programme includes:
- Support from a Centre for Excellence: The centre offers information and signposting services and will help you to analyse and understand your leadership and management training needs.
- Leadership and Management Workshops: Delivered across Wales by a network of providers, these open access workshops focus on a range of leadership and management topics. Subsidised at 70% for small to medium businesses and 50% for large companies.
- Workforce Development - Discretionary: Work with one of our Human Resource Development advisors (a free service), leadership and management training is eligible for 50% discretionary funding (up to agreed limits) or if you will prefer you can access funding directly.
- Access to the Sector Leadership Fund: Funding has been provided to the Sector Skills Councils to help them to develop sector-specific solutions.
- Management Diagnostic Programme: To help you diagnose your leadership and mangement issues.
- Mentoring and Coaching Skills Training: A pilot programme to train mentors and coaches to help you and your staff to gain skills and achieve a relevant qualications.
To find out more call us on 0845 6066160 - we'll answer your questions on what support is available to you.
Or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find out about courses and resources at the Leadership and Management Wales website.
To find out more about the Sector Leadership Fund contact your relevant Sector Skills Council - Sector Skills Council website
The Enhanced Leadership and Mangement Skills programme is funded by the Welsh Assembly Government and European Social Fund.