Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
82 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Food chain information - Sheep
From 1 January 2010 all abattoir operators will be required to “request, receive, check and act upon” food chain information (FCI) for all sheep received at slaughterhouses. The new rules apply to abattoirs across Great Britain.
Sheep producers will need to provide FCI when supplying sheep directly or indirectly to slaughterhouses after 1 January 2010.
The FCI required will include the identification of the animal or batch of animals, whether or not the veterinary medicine withdrawal periods for the animals concerned have been adhered to and the disease status of the animals going for slaughter.
Provision has been made to include FCI for sheep on the new animal movement license for sheep i.e. the AML1.The front of the new AML1 will include a tick box with a corresponding FCI statement on the reverse of the pink copy of the license. If the sheep/lambs being taken for slaughter satisfy the FCI statement keepers are only required to tick the box. If the animals do not satisfy the FCI statement then keepers must tick the box and complete the additional information proforma included on the reverse of the pink copy of the AML1.
Please note FCI is only required for animals going for slaughter. If keepers/farmers are moving store animals, sheep for breeding etc they need do nothing more than complete the AML1 as normal. Existing stocks of AML1 can be used for this purpose. Farmers / keepers are advised to request copies of the new AML1 from their local authority from January 2010 should they wish to move sheep/lambs to slaughter.
For additional information on the FCI legislative requirements please contact the Food Standards Agency on 029 2067 8908. For any other information please contact the Farm Liaison Service.