Green Growth Wales »The proposed Green Growth Wales fund aims to increase and accelerate projects to deliver green investment in Wales.Learn more »
Alert Logic’s new Security Operations Centre launches in Cardiff and joins growing cluster of ‘cyber security’ firms
Economy Minister Edwina Hart officially unveiled Alert Logic’s new state-of-the-art European HQ and Security Operations Centre in Cardiff
- Stay safe online! Minister launches new E-Safety Tools & Resources
- Consultation into Public Service Staff Commission opens
- Alert Logic’s new Security Operations Centre launches in Cardiff and joins growing cluster of ‘cyber security’ firms
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Public Services Staff Commission
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Early Years Outcomes Framework
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings) (Wales) Regulations
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Extending access to intermediary services for descendants and relatives of adopted people
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Pig keepers' guidance
Whether you keep one pig as a pet or a commercial herd you need to follow certain rules regarding the identification of your animal.
The Pigs (Records, Identification and Movement) (Wales) Order (PRIMO) legislation changed on 25th November 2011.
Pig keepers are reminded that a haulier summary (HS) document is used to move pigs.
Before pig movements take place, the keeper must pre-notify the British Pig Executive (BPEX) online or via the Meat and Livestock Commercial Services Limited (MLCSL) bureau service.
Any changes to the movement information after pre-notifying can be made within 24 hours of the move taking place by phone, fax, post, text message or online.
The bureau service managed by MLCSL will provide a free service for those keepers who do not or cannot report movements online. Those keepers can either prenotify by phone, fax or post details of the move to the bureau service.
Moves to markets or collection centres do not need to be pre-notified. A paper copy of the haulier summary can be completed by hand on the day of the move. The market or collection centre will notify both the details of the off farm move and on move to their premises to BPEX on the day the animals arrive. Copies of the blank haulier summary will be available from markets or from BPEX/MLCSL.
For more information visit the British Pig Executive (BPEX) website (external link)