Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
83 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Climate change is the way the world's climate is changing as a result of the level of gases in the atmosphere.
We explain how we are working to tackle the causes and effects of climate change in our Climate Change Strategy for Wales.
We have set out ambitious commitments to tackle the causes and consequences of climate change in a sustainable way in our Climate Change Strategy for Wales. Our approach sets the stage for Wales to be a leader. To take advantage of all the opportunities which come with anticipating and moving ahead of a changing world and make decisions on what a low carbon, resilient Wales could look like.
However, unchecked climate change is one of the most serious global threats the world faces. It disturbs the pattern of rainfall, sunshine, winds and currents in the oceans. It threatens the basic elements of life for people and environments around the world – for example access to water, food production, health and the use of land.
We can do something about climate change, if all of us work together. As a society we need to do two things to tackle the challenge of climate change:
- we need to reduce the greenhouse gases we produce through changing the way we produce and use energy
- we need to prepare for the changes that are already happening because of the greenhouse gases which have already been produced.
These pages tell you what we are doing.