Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
Businesses in the seven Welsh Enterprise Zones are being invited to bid for more than £3 million in the latest round of a Welsh Government Business Rate scheme.
- Welsh Ministers take hard line to end FGM in Wales
- NHS Wales Awards 2014 Finalists Announced
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Consultation on the Statutory Guidance on Securing Sufficient Play Opportunities
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
45 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Climate change is the way the world's climate is changing as a result of the level of gases in the atmosphere.
We explain how we are working to tackle the causes and effects of climate change in our Climate Change Strategy for Wales.
We have set out ambitious commitments to tackle the causes and consequences of climate change in a sustainable way in our Climate Change Strategy for Wales. Our approach sets the stage for Wales to be a leader. To take advantage of all the opportunities which come with anticipating and moving ahead of a changing world and make decisions on what a low carbon, resilient Wales could look like.
However, unchecked climate change is one of the most serious global threats the world faces. It disturbs the pattern of rainfall, sunshine, winds and currents in the oceans. It threatens the basic elements of life for people and environments around the world – for example access to water, food production, health and the use of land.
We can do something about climate change, if all of us work together. As a society we need to do two things to tackle the challenge of climate change:
- we need to reduce the greenhouse gases we produce through changing the way we produce and use energy
- we need to prepare for the changes that are already happening because of the greenhouse gases which have already been produced.
These pages tell you what we are doing.