Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
Major £24m investment to transform five Welsh railway stations
A £24m European-backed programme to transform five railway stations across Wales has been announced by Transport Minister, Edwina Hart.
- Leading science innovation company signs up for Life Sciences Hub Wales
- “Autumn Statement has done little to change the challenging public finance outlook for Wales” – Jane Hutt
- Major £24m investment to transform five Welsh railway stations
- Alternatives to Waste Transfer Notes and other aspects of Waste Regulation
- Proposals concerning the publication of official statistics
- Consultation on Regional engagement partnership structures in the tourism sector
- Beyond 2011: Consultation on Census and future provision of population statistics in England and Wales
- M4 Corridor around Newport Consultation
- Undertaking fatal and non-fatal drug poisoning reviews in Wales
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
59 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Marine Protected Areas
Marine protected area refers to any protected area in the marine environment which is recognised and managed for nature conservation purposes.
In Wales we have several types of Marine Protected Areas giving different levels of protection:
- European marine sites (Special Protection Areas (SPA) and Special Areas of Conservation (SAC))
- Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) with intertidal and subtidal features
- Ramsar sites with marine components
- Marine Nature Reserves
- Marine Conservation Zones.
Upon commencement of Part V of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009 in Wales, the Marine Conservation Zone (MCZ) legislation will replace the Marine Nature Reserve (MNR) legislation and so Skomer MNR will become known as Skomer MCZ.
We are keeping the timing of commencement under review. This does not affect the protection afforded to Skomer MNR. Once commenced, the transitional provisions within the Marine Act ensure that the MNR byelaws remain in place so that there is no change in the level of protection afforded to Skomer as a MCZ.
Different types of Marine Protected Areas booklet
This document was produced by the JNCC. It gives information on the different Marine Protected Areas that are created to protect the natural environment.