Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
£68million improvements to A477 brings benefits to the economy, tourism and local communities
A £68million scheme to improve the A477 between St Clears and Red Roses has been officially opened by Transport Minister Edwina Hart.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government to fund Welsh Health workers to volunteer in Africa
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- £68million improvements to A477 brings benefits to the economy, tourism and local communities
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Proposals for the inshore crustacean fishery - Phase 1
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
58 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Marine Conservation Zones
Marine Conservation Zones are a new type of marine protected area for the protection and conservation of marine biodiversity.
We can create Marine Conservation Zones (MCZs) in Welsh waters up to 12 nautical miles from shore.
We established The Marine Conservation Zones Project Wales to take this work forward. We held a consultation and engagement between April and July 2012. This exercise set out the science behind 10 potential highly protected site options and focused on gathering more information and views from people:
- about how they use and enjoy the marine environment;
- how they might be affected by a highly protected designation; and
- how any effects could be minimized.