Green Growth Wales »The proposed Green Growth Wales fund aims to increase and accelerate projects to deliver green investment in Wales.Learn more »
New figures show a big rise in the number of affordable homes in Wales
The Welsh Government is on course to meet its ambitious target of providing 10,000 additional affordable homes by May 2016.
- International tourism to Wales increasing
- Regeneration is central to tackling poverty and encouraging economic growth, says Minister at national summit
- New figures show a big rise in the number of affordable homes in Wales
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Review of the existing policy on disposal of higher activity radioactive waste
- Human Transplantation (Wales) Act 2013: new regulations
- National Training Framework on gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Extending access to intermediary services for descendants and relatives of adopted people
- Review of the Childcare Sufficiency Assessment Duty on Local Authorities
- Travelling to better health
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Affordable housing provision
- Assembly Learning Grants (ALG) awarded to Welsh domiciled further education students
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Education Maintenance Allowance and Assembly Learning Grant
- Great Britain Day Visits Survey
- Great Britain Tourism Survey
- Jobs Growth Wales
- Reserves held by schools
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Our policies and actions to help create a sustainable, low carbon economy for Wales.
Wales was once a world leader in carbon-based energy. We want Wales to be the same for low carbon energy. This is a challenging and exciting area and holds the potential to create a prosperous future for Wales
Our aim is to enhance the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of the people and communities of Wales. We want a better quality of life for our own and future generations.
Our ambition is set out in the Programme for Government:
‘create a sustainable, low carbon economy for Wales’.
We want to ensure that the move to a low carbon economy results in a wealthier, more resilient and sustainable future for Wales. We want to work in partnership with private, public and social sectors to make this happen.
Working with business to deliver these aims is one of our major priorities.
We want to take a genuinely sustainable approach to changing to a low carbon economy. We believe the Energy Wales programme will deliver wide benefits for Wales. We believe this will be good for the long-term interests of business and our communities.
“In taking the lead on energy, I am determined that we work effectively and use all of Welsh Government’s ability to deliver a positive transition to a wealthy, low carbon future. This is a huge opportunity to forge a better future and to once again lead a revolution in history; this is an energy decade for Wales.”
Rt. Hon Carwyn Jones AM, First Minister of Wales
- Energy & Environment sector is one of fastest growing in Wales and UK
- "Crown Estate announcement is great news for Wales’ marine energy industry" – First Minister
- Green growth makes Wales a unique place to do business says Minister
- Opening of new Pilot Manufacturing Resource Centre brings ‘Buildings as Power Stations’ one step closer