Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Minister thanks outgoing Chair of Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone
Economy Minister Edwina Hart has thanked Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth for his work as Chair of the Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone.
- Lasting dedication unveiled to pay tribute to Welsh role in the First World War
- 100 Superfast Cymru exchanges providing faster broadband speeds
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Minister thanks outgoing Chair of Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Draft fly-tipping strategy
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
50 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Nest annual report 2012-13
What is Nest?
The Nest Scheme targets fuel poor households and offers a wide range of measures to help them. It also provides advice and support to help householders reduce their fuel bills.
Nest home energy improvement packages are designed for individual properties, so there is no standard package of measures. A package can include measures such as:
- a new boiler
- central heating system
- loft insulation
- cavity wall insulation
- newer technologies like air source heat pumps and external wall insulation.
What has Nest achieved during 2012-13?
In its second year Nest has exceeded its targets and helped over 21,500 households. This is an increase of 6,800 on the first year of the programme.
Within this 21,500, nearly 5,000 households have received a package of free home energy improvements. These energy improvements are estimated to save the householders on average around £500 per year. This will make a real difference to householders in managing increasing energy bills.
Nest has supported over 200 installer jobs in small and medium businesses in Wales. It has also created 25 new jobs, training and work experience placements.
Nest annual report 2012-13 (external link)