Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
Launch of 10-year plan for early years, childcare and play workforce
- First Minister news conference
- Construction begins on new £15m emergency services centre for Wrexham
- Launch of 10-year plan for early years, childcare and play workforce
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft 10-year plan for the early years, childcare and play workforce in Wales
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
- Consultation on improving the availability of allotments and community gardens
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
21 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Environment Strategy for Wales
We are considering how the Environment Strategy for Wales and its reporting functions are taken forward. This is in the light of work we have undertaken since its launch.
The strategy was published in May 2006. It set out what we wanted to achieve in 20 years time (by 2026), and how to get there.
The last Environment Strategy annual progress report for 2010 – 2011 was published at the end of 2011. This coincided with the end of the second action plan. The most recent State of the Environment Report was published in July 2012.
Since the launch of this strategy we have published:
- One Wales: One Planet – the Sustainable Development Scheme for Wales (2009)
- The Climate Change Strategy for Wales (2010)
- Towards Zero Waste (2010)
- Woodlands for Wales (2011).
We are currently reviewing the Environment Strategy to ensure that we reflect the relevant commitments in the Natural Resource Management Programme.