Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Modernised and streamlined system for Social Services complaints introduced in Wales
A new streamlined and citizen-centred local authority social services complaints and representations process comes into force today (August 1st 2014).
- More people set to benefit from broadband scheme
- New Welsh member appointed to the Human Tissue Authority
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Modernised and streamlined system for Social Services complaints introduced in Wales
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Child performance regulations: when children can take part in performances and the breaks they must have
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings) (Wales) Regulations
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Active Travel Action Plan
- Statutory Guidance for the Delivery of the Active Travel (Wales) Act 2013
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
70 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Towards zero waste
Towards Zero Waste is Wales’ overriding waste strategy document.
It was launched in June 2010. The strategy document outlines the actions we must all take if we are to reach our ambition of becoming a high recycling nation by 2025 and a zero waste nation by 2050.
We need to reduce the amount of waste by 1.5 per cent every year until 2050. We must also prevent the waste of materials which have the greatest impact on our ecological footprint (the impact we have on the environment). These materials are:
- food waste
- paper and cardboard
Where waste is produced, we need to deliver very high levels of recycling which is separated at source.
The measures outlined in Towards Zero Waste will also: