Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
83 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Buying Welsh food and drink
This page contains information about where to buy Welsh produce.
Wales’s reputation for producing, retailing and serving innovative high quality food and drink is becoming well established, both at home and overseas. There are many reasons to buy Welsh produce and many outlets where you can find it.
Chefs seek out our quality Welsh produce, and shoppers and restaurant goers increasingly appreciate it. Geography, climate and farming practices all play their part. But the growth in the range and quality of Welsh produce is in no small measure down to the investment made in recent years by the Welsh Government. This investment helps producers develop and market food and drink. It is underpinned by our Local Sourcing strategy.
Where can consumers buy Welsh produce?
You can find quality Welsh produce in outlets across the country from delis and supermarkets to markets and food events. To find out more about food festivals, farm shops and farmers’ markets, click on the link on the left.
You can sample Welsh produce at many food shows. Welsh companies attend shows such as the BBC Good Food Show and Speciality and Fine Food Fair as well as the Royal Welsh Show and Winter Fair. For more details on food shows, click on the left of the screen.
Where can trade buyers source Welsh produce?
The Directory of Food and Drink From the People of Wales is the Welsh Government’s listing of food and drink producers. As well as listing primary producers, it also contains a section detailing wholesalers and distributors.
The Welsh Government assists companies to exhibit at trade shows. You can visit Welsh producers’ stands at food and drink shows in England, Wales and abroad to find out more about them and sample their wares. For details of shows that we are attending, contact RA-MDU@wales.gsi.gov.uk.