Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
Illegal tobacco detection dogs given more time to sniff thanks to Welsh Government funding boost
Over £7,000 will be made available to local councils to support 22 days of tobacco detection dog work throughout Wales.
- Two weeks to give views on reform of local government
- Investment in new high-tech cameras to detect diabetes-related eye damage
- Illegal tobacco detection dogs given more time to sniff thanks to Welsh Government funding boost
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
25 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Support for Welsh Food and Drink Producers
Our team can offer advice and explain the support that is available.
How we can help your company
The regional teams within the Food and Market Development Division can discuss your individual requirements to help to develop and grow your business.
Eligibility for assistance
- Projects must be based in Wales.
- Projects must benefit companies or farmers that add value to the food and drink sector.
- Retail businesses are not eligible.
- The project and existing business (if eligible) must demonstrate a need for support.
- Support is not available under these schemes for companies in financial difficulties.
Assistance can take many forms from grants (if available and applicable) to new product development and technical assistance. Market research is also available to companies wanting to assess the market place before making strategic decisions or development plans.
For an overview of grants and support schemes, please see link in right hand menu.
Further investment plans can be supported via many of the wider Welsh Government departments. These may include, for example, workforce development plans which involve training (see link in right hand menu), or advice on equality and diversity policy development.
If the export market is an attractive offer to your business then you can also contact us for support within these markets. More information can be found in the Food and Drink Sector Exporting Factsheet.
How to contact us
To access our support, please get in touch with the Business Support Helpline:
Tel: 03000 6 03000