Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
A legal obligation to report any child or adult believed to be at risk of abuse or neglect will be implemented in Wales in 2016, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford today announced.
- “Get vaccinated against the flu”, Wales’ top doctor urges
- 0808 80 10 800 - 24 hour help for domestic abuse victims
- New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
- Independent Living Fund – future arrangements to support recipients in Wales
- Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Plant! is a project to celebrate the birth or adoption of every child in Wales by planting trees.
In 2008 the Welsh Government made a pledge to plant a tree for every child born or adopted in Wales. From 1 st April 2014 the commitment was extended to plant an additional tree in Uganda for every child.
A native Welsh tree will be planted by Natural Resources Wales in newly created woodland in Wales and a second tree will be planted in Uganda in partnership with the environmental charity Size of Wales.
Planting trees in Wales and Uganda will be vital in helping to tackle climate change while also improving our environment. With these trees we hope children across Wales will feel a personal connection with their environment.
The Plant! project is a Welsh Government initiative. It is being delivered on our behalf by:
For information on the trees being planted in Uganda please visit the Size of Wales website (external link).
Contact details for the Plant! scheme:
- telephone 0300 068 0300
- e-mail us - email@example.com
Please also contact us if you have any queries or suggestions about the project.