Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
More Welsh companies winning major public sector contracts, Jane Hutt reveals
More Welsh companies are winning major public sector contracts in Wales thanks to action being taken by the Welsh Government to simplify the procurement process.
- Minister asks farmers to have their say on EIDCymru
- Play to highlight Modern Slavery issues to AMs
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- More Welsh companies winning major public sector contracts, Jane Hutt reveals
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Consultation on the Statutory Guidance on Securing Sufficient Play Opportunities
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
44 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Human Rights are the basic rights and freedoms that belong to every person in the world. They are based on core principles like dignity, fairness, equality, respect and autonomy.
Human Rights are relevant to your day-to-day life. They protect your freedom to control your own life, effectively take part in decisions made by public authorities which impact upon your rights and receive fair and equal services from public authorities.
To reflect this, a new statutory body now exists in the UK to ensure that equality, diversity and human rights are promoted and respected; the Equality and Human Rights Commission. This has brought together the 3 previous statutory commissions, namely the Disability Rights Commission, the Equal Opportunities Commission and the Commission for Racial Equality.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) in Wales
The Welsh Government is fully committed to ensuring that Welsh interests are represented and that the EHRC is able to operate effectively in Wales reflecting the devolved context. The EHRC Commissioner in Wales is Dr Neil Wooding and the Director for the EHRC in Wales is Kate Bennett.
Please visit the Equality and Human Rights Commission’s website for more information on Equality, Diversity & Human Rights.