Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
“Wales’ unique family intervention programme is helping to keep families together” – Gwenda Thomas
A unique Welsh service that provides support to vulnerable families with complex needs is helping to keep children out of care and families stay together, Gwenda Thomas said.
- New financial services company to open head office in Cardiff creating nearly ninety new jobs
- Minister announces new appointments to Sport Wales board
- “Wales’ unique family intervention programme is helping to keep families together” – Gwenda Thomas
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Draft fly-tipping strategy
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
49 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
About this topic
We fund the National Health Service in Wales and develop policy and strategy for improving health and social services in Wales.
We lead on policy and strategy for improving health, social care and public health strategy and programmes, with the aim of protecting and improving health and reducing health inequalities.
Our responsibilities include:
- Prevention, treatment and reduction of disease, illness, injury, disability and mental disorder.
- Provision of health services, including medical, dental, ophthalmic, pharmaceutical and ancillary services and facilities.
- Clinical governance and standards of health care
Exceptions to this include:
- Human genetics, human fertilisation, human embryology, surrogacy arrangements
The Department’s aim is to implement the health and social care elements of the Programme for Government, including:
- promoting healthy lifestyles
- supporting the NHS and local government to work closely together to deliver integrated health and social care services
- shifting the balance within the health service from acute hospital services to community based services
- modernising social services in order to provide more accessible, personalised care for people
- ensuring clinical governance and good financial management of services