Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
First Minister news conference
First Minister Carwyn Jones has held a press conference following the outcome of the Scottish Referendum result.
- Extra Safe Routes in Communities funding for Bridgend schools
- Ground-breaking North Wales clothing export centre opened
- First Minister news conference
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft 10-year plan for the early years, childcare and play workforce in Wales
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
- Consultation on improving the availability of allotments and community gardens
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
21 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Sexual Health and well-being
Improving the sexual health of people in Wales
One of the key actions of the Sexual Health and Wellbeing Action Plan for Wales, 2010-2015, is to reduce the rates of teenage conceptions. We will work in partnership with Local Health Boards, Public Health Wales and Children and Young People.
The empower to choose project
This commenced on 2nd April 2012 consisting of two elements. The first is awareness raising and education of Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC). The second involves auditing the contraceptive advice given to pregnant teenagers.
Young women who conceive as teenagers are at greatly elevated risk of further repeat teenage conceptions. By encouraging the uptake of LARC has the potential to reduce conception rates. For more information on the empower to choose project go to the website (external link)
Young people aged less than 25 years can access free, confidential sexual health advice and free condoms from the Condom-Card (C-Card) Schemes across Wales. These schemes operate mainly from youth centres and voluntary organisations. For more information please go to the C-Card scheme website (external link).