Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Anchor company expansion in mid Wales set to create thirty five new jobs with Welsh Government support
Work is underway on a new hi-tech engineering facility for Control Techniques which is being built by the Welsh Government
- Wales celebrates success at the Great Taste Awards
- £8.8m boost for services to support older people in Mid and West Wales
- Anchor company expansion in mid Wales set to create thirty five new jobs with Welsh Government support
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Draft fly-tipping strategy
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
49 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
We are committed to increasing organ donation rates.
Human Transplantation (Wales) Act
The Human Transplantation Wales Act received Royal Assent on 10 September 2013. This law will come fully into effect on 1st December 2015. Until then, the current opt-in system will remain in place.
The Act introduces a soft opt-out system for consent to deceased organ and tissue donation in Wales from 2015.
The aim of the Act is to increase the number of organs and tissues available for transplant. This will benefit the people of Wales by reducing the number of people dying whilst waiting for a suitable organ to become available and improving the lives of others.
The Act and details of the legislative processes can be found on the National Assembly for Wales website (external link)
Organ Donation Wales
Organ Donation Wales (external link) features the stories of families who have received and donated organs, and information about the changes to the law.
You do not need to make any decisions yet. A two year information campaign has started to ensure you are fully informed on what the changes will mean and the choices you can make. For now, we would encourage everyone to ensure that people close to them are aware of their wishes regarding donation.
You can view our new TV advert and the behind the scenes film (external link) on Organ Donation Wales.