Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Amendments to the Government Guidance notes on the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009
- Planning and related decisions of the Welsh Ministers
- Fire and Rescue Authority – Performance Indicators 2015-16 onwards
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
84 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Working to prevent, control and monitor communicable disease in Wales
The Welsh Government develops policy to help with the surveillance, prevention, and control of communicable diseases. Find out more about our work areas including:
Healthcare associated infections
Hospital associated infections refer to any infection that occurs during a patient's stay in hospital.
Community associated infections – a community strategy for Wales
Community-acquired infection is any infection that a patient has when they come into hospital or occurs within the first 48 hours of admission.
International Health Regulations (IHR) 2005
The IHR are a set code of practices and procedures designed to prevent the international spread of infectious diseases.
Review of the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984
Legislation surrounding the prevention and controlling the spread of infectious disease.
Blood borne viruses
Blood borne viruses (BBVs) are viruses found in the blood of infected individuals.
Welsh model byelaws for acupuncture, tattooing, semi-permanent skin-colouring, cosmetic piercing and electrolysis
Legislation and guidance governing the sterilisation of needles.
Public health Wales
The Public Health Wales Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, records the rates and patterns of communicable disease in Wales.
Visit: Public Health Wales Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre (external link)
Communicable Disease Outbreak Plan For Wales
Outlines how all communicable disease outbreaks with public health implications across Wales are to be managed. Go to the Public Health Wales website (external link) for more information.