Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Wales outstrips the UK on exports
Official figures released show that the value of goods exported from Wales increased by £1.5bn over the past year to £14.8bn.
- Wales ready to welcome the world, Jane Hutt tells Brussels
- Time to get involved, Time to talk Apprenticeships
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Wales outstrips the UK on exports
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Proposed amendments to the criminal offences and defences in sections 2, 28 and 42 of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979.
- Review of weekly maximum charge
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
49 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Working to prevent, control and monitor communicable disease in Wales
The Welsh Government develops policy to help with the surveillance, prevention, and control of communicable diseases. Find out more about our work areas including:
Healthcare associated infections
Hospital associated infections refer to any infection that occurs during a patient's stay in hospital.
Community associated infections – a community strategy for Wales
Community-acquired infection is any infection that a patient has when they come into hospital or occurs within the first 48 hours of admission.
International Health Regulations (IHR) 2005
The IHR are a set code of practices and procedures designed to prevent the international spread of infectious diseases.
Review of the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984
Legislation surrounding the prevention and controlling the spread of infectious disease.
Blood borne viruses
Blood borne viruses (BBVs) are viruses found in the blood of infected individuals.
Welsh model byelaws for acupuncture, tattooing, semi-permanent skin-colouring, cosmetic piercing and electrolysis
Legislation and guidance governing the sterilisation of needles.
Public health Wales
The Public Health Wales Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, records the rates and patterns of communicable disease in Wales.