Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
Funding to trial new, more efficient methods of delivering public transport to improve access to jobs and services, particularly in rural areas.
- European investment helps bring Superfast Broadband to Wales – Jane Hutt
- Genpower to create 35 new jobs in Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone with Welsh Government support
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
50 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Working to prevent, control and monitor communicable disease in Wales
The Welsh Government develops policy to help with the surveillance, prevention, and control of communicable diseases. Find out more about our work areas including:
Healthcare associated infections
Hospital associated infections refer to any infection that occurs during a patient's stay in hospital.
Community associated infections – a community strategy for Wales
Community-acquired infection is any infection that a patient has when they come into hospital or occurs within the first 48 hours of admission.
International Health Regulations (IHR) 2005
The IHR are a set code of practices and procedures designed to prevent the international spread of infectious diseases.
Review of the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984
Legislation surrounding the prevention and controlling the spread of infectious disease.
Blood borne viruses
Blood borne viruses (BBVs) are viruses found in the blood of infected individuals.
Welsh model byelaws for acupuncture, tattooing, semi-permanent skin-colouring, cosmetic piercing and electrolysis
Legislation and guidance governing the sterilisation of needles.
Public health Wales
The Public Health Wales Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, records the rates and patterns of communicable disease in Wales.