Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
First Minister news conference
First Minister Carwyn Jones has held a press conference following the outcome of the Scottish Referendum result.
- Extra Safe Routes in Communities funding for Bridgend schools
- Ground-breaking North Wales clothing export centre opened
- First Minister news conference
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
24 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Healthcare associated infections (HCAI) data
This helps to improve the clarity and quality of regular data about the NHS in Wales.
Public Health Wales has previously published data relating to a number of national HCAI surveillance schemes.
For the first time in Wales you can now access data by Health Board and by general acute hospital relating specifically to:
- Clostridium difficile infection (antibiotic associated diarrhoea) and
- Staphylococcus aureus blood stream infections.
Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board
Aneurin Bevan Health Board
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Cardiff & Vale University Health Board
Cwm Taf Health Board
Hywel Dda Health Board
Velindre NHS Trust
Public Health Wales – Monitoring
PHW monitors a range of infections to help with:
- local and national infection prevention and control
- control of antimicrobial resistance
-in healthcare organisations.
The data and information collected informs and improves practice. It is used to develop new ways of working to reduce preventable HCAIs to an absolute minimum.
Public Health Wales will continue to work with HBs and Trusts to make more information on a range of HCAIs available.