In this section
Section highlightHouses into homes This report details findings to emerge from the evaluation during the first six months of delivery (April to September 2012).
Written Statement - Update on tobacco policy »Standardised packaging of tobacco products and Sub Committees on The Smoke-free Premises etc. (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2012.Learn more »
National Library base for US Radio Travel programme
On Saturday 25 May, The National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth will be host to US radio star, Peter Greenberg.
- Industry and government plan for a healthy future for farming in Wales
- Historic garden is a breakfast TV star
- National Library base for US Radio Travel programme
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Housing and community
- Improving public services
In this section
Section highlightAccess to information
The Welsh Government has followed the principles of openness in government for many years. Find out how you can make a freedom of information request or see requests that have already been made.
Sky lanterns: environmental and risk assessment »To establish an evidence base to help any future policy decisions on sky lanterns and helium balloons.Learn more »
- Future management of private water supply pipes
- Amendments to the Motor Vehicle (Competitions and Trials) Regulations 1969 and the Motor Vehicles (Off Road Events) Regulations 1995
- Higher Education (Wales) Bill: Technical consultation
- Consultation - Local Authorities (Standing Orders) (Wales) Regulations 2006 (Amendment) Regulations 2013
- Draft action plan for pollinators
Featured consultation »Implementing the Domestic Fire Safety (Wales) Measure 2011
22 days left
In this section
Section highlightFurther and Higher Education (Governance and Information) (Wales) Bill 2013
Removes a number of technical restrictions and controls on colleges without changing the principal powers of colleges to provide further, higher and secondary education.
Legislative programme 2012 - 2013 »
Addressing the Assembly in the Senedd today, the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, detailed the eight bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the second year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightCommunity Infrastructure Levy
Local authorities can charge a Community Infrastructure Levy on new developments to support the infrastructure needed.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2012-13 »
Proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2012-13, which was published on 26 June 2012.Learn more »
There are three Fire and Rescue Services in Wales.
StatsWales allows visitors to view, manipulate, create and download tables from the most detailed official data on Wales.
The official measure of deprivation for small areas in Wales.
External websites relevant to practitioners, analysts and researchers interested in crime reduction and community safety.
- The annual Home Office publication ‘Crime in England and Wales’ combines the reporting of police recorded crime with the results of the . Local statistics (Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership level) are also available.
- The Home Office have developed an analytical tool which allows users to create their own tables and maps showing counts and rates of crime at local authority level.
- The Office for National Statistics website provides free access to a variety of data such as population, employment etc.
- The Economic and Social Data Service (ESDS) is a national data service providing access and support for an extensive range of key economic and social data, both quantitative and qualitative.
Crime information and research links
- The Home Office website provides information on a range of crime-related issues and policies.
- The Crime Reduction website offers information and resources for those working in the community safety field.
- RDS (Home Office Research Development and Statistics) website allows access to Home Office research and statistics (Research Reports, Development and Practice Reports and Statistical Publications etc).
- Improvement and Development Agency for local government (IDeA) have a ‘knowledge’ section on their website which allows you to search for examples of good practice in local government on a range of topics.
- British Society of Criminology - The Society aims to further the interests and knowledge of both academics and professionals who are interested in crime, criminal behaviour and the criminal justice system.
- The Joseph Rowntree Foundation - Social policy research and development charity.
- Social Research Association - An organisation promoting communication among social research practitioners and those interested in social research.
- UK Evaluation Society (UKES) - UKES promotes and improves the theory, practice, understanding and utilisation of evaluation and its contribution to public knowledge. Includes regional evaluation networks news.
- Centre for Problem-Orientated Policing is a non-profit organisation comprising affiliated police practitioners, researchers and universities dedicated to the advancement of problem-orientated policing.