Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
Enhanced rights for older people in Wales move a step closer
The Welsh Government has announced its plans for a public consultation on proposals for a Declaration of the Rights of Older People.
- “£200m boost will accelerate Wales’ school re-building programme and support 23,000 jobs” – Jane Hutt
- Poor being stigmatised by welfare debate
- Enhanced rights for older people in Wales move a step closer
- Alternatives to Waste Transfer Notes and other aspects of Waste Regulation
- Proposals concerning the publication of official statistics
- Consultation on Regional engagement partnership structures in the tourism sector
- Beyond 2011: Consultation on Census and future provision of population statistics in England and Wales
- M4 Corridor around Newport Consultation
- Undertaking fatal and non-fatal drug poisoning reviews in Wales
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
59 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
There are three Fire and Rescue Services in Wales.
External websites relevant to practitioners, analysts and researchers interested in crime reduction and community safety.
- The annual Home Office publication ‘Crime in England and Wales’ combines the reporting of police recorded crime with the results of the . Local statistics (Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership level) are also available.
- The Home Office have developed an analytical tool which allows users to create their own tables and maps showing counts and rates of crime at local authority level.
- The Office for National Statistics website provides free access to a variety of data such as population, employment etc.
- The Economic and Social Data Service (ESDS) is a national data service providing access and support for an extensive range of key economic and social data, both quantitative and qualitative.
Crime information and research links
- The Home Office website provides information on a range of crime-related issues and policies.
- The Crime Reduction website offers information and resources for those working in the community safety field.
- RDS (Home Office Research Development and Statistics) website allows access to Home Office research and statistics (Research Reports, Development and Practice Reports and Statistical Publications etc).
- Improvement and Development Agency for local government (IDeA) have a ‘knowledge’ section on their website which allows you to search for examples of good practice in local government on a range of topics.
- British Society of Criminology - The Society aims to further the interests and knowledge of both academics and professionals who are interested in crime, criminal behaviour and the criminal justice system.
- The Joseph Rowntree Foundation - Social policy research and development charity.
- Social Research Association - An organisation promoting communication among social research practitioners and those interested in social research.
- UK Evaluation Society (UKES) - UKES promotes and improves the theory, practice, understanding and utilisation of evaluation and its contribution to public knowledge. Includes regional evaluation networks news.
- Centre for Problem-Orientated Policing is a non-profit organisation comprising affiliated police practitioners, researchers and universities dedicated to the advancement of problem-orientated policing.