Green Growth Wales »The proposed Green Growth Wales fund aims to increase and accelerate projects to deliver green investment in Wales.Learn more »
Alert Logic’s new Security Operations Centre launches in Cardiff and joins growing cluster of ‘cyber security’ firms
Economy Minister Edwina Hart officially unveiled Alert Logic’s new state-of-the-art European HQ and Security Operations Centre in Cardiff
- Stay safe online! Minister launches new E-Safety Tools & Resources
- Consultation into Public Service Staff Commission opens
- Alert Logic’s new Security Operations Centre launches in Cardiff and joins growing cluster of ‘cyber security’ firms
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Public Services Staff Commission
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Early Years Outcomes Framework
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings) (Wales) Regulations
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Extending access to intermediary services for descendants and relatives of adopted people
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Value Wales drives best practice in procurement across the Welsh public sector.
The Welsh public sector spends £4.3bn per year on external goods and services. Value Wales is responsible for shaping policy, monitoring practice, supporting and advising professionals, developing the procurement profession, and compliance with EU regulations.
The Wales Procurement Policy Statement sets out the procurement practices and actions required of all public sector organisations in Wales. Value Wales helps the Welsh public sector realise improved value for money through ‘smarter procurement’ by
- increasing savings through collaboration
- improving process efficiency especially through use of technology
- protecting the economy by encouraging smaller and more local suppliers and seeking re-investment in local communities
- building procurement capability.
Value Wales' Procurement Route Planner (external link) provides step-by-step guides to buying goods and securing services. It enables a consistent approach that mirrors the Welsh Government's 4-stage commissioning cycle.
Contact Value Wales at: email@example.com