Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
A legal obligation to report any child or adult believed to be at risk of abuse or neglect will be implemented in Wales in 2016, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford today announced.
- “Get vaccinated against the flu”, Wales’ top doctor urges
- 0808 80 10 800 - 24 hour help for domestic abuse victims
- New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
- Independent Living Fund – future arrangements to support recipients in Wales
- Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Review of the Role and Functions of Elected Members
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
This report sets out the key findings from an extensive programme of qualitative research carried out on behalf of the Welsh Government to review the role and functions of elected members in local authorities in Wales.
The purpose of this report is to:
- provide Assembly Ministers and officials with a view of the effectiveness and efficiency of councillors in conducting their functions within the modern political structures introduced by the Local Government Act 2000
- suggest any improvements which might be considered for the operation of scrutiny functions in local government
- make proposals about the appropriate numbers of councillors within the county and county borough councils.