Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
Businesses in the seven Welsh Enterprise Zones are being invited to bid for more than £3 million in the latest round of a Welsh Government Business Rate scheme.
- Welsh Ministers take hard line to end FGM in Wales
- NHS Wales Awards 2014 Finalists Announced
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Consultation on the Statutory Guidance on Securing Sufficient Play Opportunities
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
45 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
By providing high quality support services, suitable housing, and modifications older people can remain independent for longer. Making this happen requires co-ordinated work between housing, health and social care services.
Connecting these services will address the needs of both the individual and the property together, while making best use of resources. We are working closely with all our partner organisations to provide good quality housing for older people and to develop communities where people will want to live now and in the future.
Improvement Grants: What is available?
Home repair assistance assists older people with minor repairs to help keep them in their own homes;
Means-tested Disabled Facilities Grants help disabled people to modify their homes;
the Rapid Response Adaptations Programme is designed to enable people to leave hospital or residential care as soon as they are able to.
Care and Repair agencies advise on grants and provide other practical help and advice on improvements. They play an important role in relieving the anxiety created by disrepair, reduce the potential for exploitation by disreputable “cowboy” builders and ensure that older people are aware of all the assistance available to them.
For more information on the help available and details of your local Care and Repair agency visit the Care and Repair Cymru website (external link).