Cross Compliance Proposals for 2015 »The new arrangements will ensure that farmers continue to generate high quality food whilst protecting Wales’ valued resources and spectacular natural landscape.Learn more »
£8.1million for Airbus announced by First Minister
First Minister Carwyn Jones has announced the continued support for Airbus in Broughton with an £8.1million package of funding for training.
- First Minister announces 1,100 investment jobs for Wales
- Made-in-Wales NHS pay deal accepted by unions
- £8.1million for Airbus announced by First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Subordinate Legislation Relating to Certain Internal Operations (mezzanine floors)
- Regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Liver disease delivery plan
- Proposals for the disciplinary functions of the Education Workforce Council and a new Code of Professional Conduct and practice for registrants
- Nature Recovery Plan for Wales
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
We implement a number of measures that aim to reduce the harm caused by substance misuse.
Our approach is aimed at tackling the full range of substances that are misused in Wales, covering:
- illegal drugs such as heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, amphetamines, LSD and cannabis
- prescription only medicines (POM) such as anabolic steroids and benzodiazepines
- over the counter medicines (OTC) such as preparations containing codeine
- volatile substances such as aerosol propellants, butane, solvents and glues.
All Wales drug and alcohol helpline
DAN 24/7 is the bilingual all-Wales drug and alcohol helpline. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and calls from UK landlines are free (some mobile phone networks may charge).
Visit Dan 24/7 (external link) for more information.
Our Strategy: Working together to reduce harm
'Working Together to Reduce Harm' is our 10 year plan to tackle the problems caused by drugs and alcohol in Wales. Published in 2008, it sets out a clear national programme for tackling and reducing the harms associated with substance misuse.
It is structured around four action areas:
- preventing harm
- supporting substance misusers
- supporting families
- tackling availability and protecting individuals and communities.
If you have any queries regarding substance misuse in Wales, please contact our mailbox: email@example.com