Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
Funding to trial new, more efficient methods of delivering public transport to improve access to jobs and services, particularly in rural areas.
- European investment helps bring Superfast Broadband to Wales – Jane Hutt
- Genpower to create 35 new jobs in Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone with Welsh Government support
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
50 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Building Regulations set standards for design and construction which apply to most new buildings and many alterations to existing buildings.
They are made under powers provided in the Building Act 1984. They ensure the health and safety of people in and near buildings. They also cover:
- saving energy
- use of buildings
In Wales, we are now responsible for the majority of functions under the Building Act - including making Building Regulations in Wales. The functions that have remained with the UK Government are as set out in The Welsh Ministers (Transfer of Functions) (No. 2) Order 2009 (S.I. 2009/3019).
Current documents and guidance can be seen on our Approved Documents page.
We have proposed our first changes to Building Regulations for Wales in our July 2010 policy statement. These changes are intended to support our aim to achieve zero carbon new build.
A nearly ‘zero carbon’ building is one which uses little or no carbon to heat or cool it (the energy use of the building) and so has low/zero annual net emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2). This definition only covers the Building Regulations and does not cover the non-fixed electrical or gas appliances in the building (like cookers, computers and televisions).
We have reviewed Schedule 1 Part L to the Building Regulations 2010. This covers Conservation of Fuel and Power.
Anyone wanting to carry out building work which is covered by the Building Regulations is required by law to make sure it complies with the regulations. There are two types of Building Control Service available.
Constructing Excellence in Wales
Constructing Excellence in Wales (external link) is a Welsh Government sponsored organisation which helps the construction industry improve its performance so as to deliver better quality and value for money to its clients and end-users in Wales.