Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Postcards from the children of Wales to NATO world leaders
Primary school pupils from Wales are to be given the opportunity to write a personal message to the NATO world leaders about their hopes for the future.
- Minister visits North Wales Fire and Rescue Authority
- Superfast broadband rolling-out across Pembrokeshire
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Postcards from the children of Wales to NATO world leaders
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Renting Homes – Illustrative Model Contract
- Registration fees for the education workforce in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies (JHLAS)
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- The Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Active Travel Action Plan
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
74 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
We are now able to create our own primary legislation in Wales. We produced a draft Planning Bill for consultation in December 2013. A Bill will be introduced to the National Assembly for Wales in 2014.
Primary legislation can also be created by Acts of Parliament. Current primary legislation includes:
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Planning (Listed Building and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning (Hazardous Substances) Act 1990
- Planning and Compensation Act 1991
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- Planning Act 2008.
This is contained in Government Orders and Regulations. Current secondary legislation includes:
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (GPDO) (SI 1995 No 418)
- Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (the Use Classes Order) (SI 1987 No 764)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Plan) Regulations 1991 (SI 1991 No 2794)
- Town and Country Planning General Regulations 1992 (SI 1992 No 1492)
- Town and Country Planning Development Management ( Wales) Order 2012
For details of all the above Acts and Orders, please visit the Office of Public Sector Information website (external link).