Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
83 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
We are now able to create our own primary legislation in Wales. Primary legislation can also be created by Acts of Parliament. The Planning (Wales) Bill was introduced to the National Assembly for Wales on 6 October 2014.
Primary legislation can also be created by Acts of Parliament. Current primary legislation includes:
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Planning (Listed Building and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning (Hazardous Substances) Act 1990
- Planning and Compensation Act 1991
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- Planning Act 2008.
This is contained in Government Orders and Regulations. Current secondary legislation includes:
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (GPDO) (SI 1995 No 418)
- Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (the Use Classes Order) (SI 1987 No 764)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Plan) Regulations 1991 (SI 1991 No 2794)
- Town and Country Planning General Regulations 1992 (SI 1992 No 1492)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (Wales) Order 2012
For details of all the above Acts and Orders, please visit the Office of Public Sector Information website (external link).