Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
First Minister welcomes publication of Welsh Speaking Communities report
- Views sought on positive plans to create a better Wales
- Moving forward, changing lives: New employment programme to help Wales’ hardest to reach young people
- First Minister welcomes publication of Welsh Speaking Communities report
- Implementation of Commission Directive 2013/45/EU concerning the change to the botanical name of tomato
- School term dates regulations
- Draft Planning (Wales) Bill and Positive planning: proposals to reform the planning system in Wales
- Further review of the exceptions to regulations regarding the maximum length of fishing boats in the 0-6 nautical mile zone
- Managing radioactive waste safely
- Draft Statutory Instrument - Infant formula and follow-on formula (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2014
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
64 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightDraft Budget 2014-15
Our focus is on protecting the NHS and schools, boosting economic growth and creating jobs, as well as tackling poverty and protecting the vulnerable.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
We are now able to create our own primary legislation in Wales. We have produced a draft Planning Bill for consultation that will be introduced to the National Assembly for Wales in 2014.
Primary legislation can also be created by Acts of Parliament. Current primary legislation includes:
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Planning (Listed Building and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning (Hazardous Substances) Act 1990
- Planning and Compensation Act 1991
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- Planning Act 2008.
This is contained in Government Orders and Regulations. Current secondary legislation includes:
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (GPDO) (SI 1995 No 418)
- Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (the Use Classes Order) (SI 1987 No 764)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Plan) Regulations 1991 (SI 1991 No 2794)
- Town and Country Planning General Regulations 1992 (SI 1992 No 1492)
- Town and Country Planning Development Management ( Wales) Order 2012
For details of all the above Acts and Orders, please visit the Office of Public Sector Information website (external link).