Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Proposals for the inshore crustacean fishery - Phase 1
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
56 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
We are now able to create our own primary legislation in Wales. We have produced a draft Planning Bill for consultation that will be introduced to the National Assembly for Wales in 2014.
Primary legislation can also be created by Acts of Parliament. Current primary legislation includes:
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Planning (Listed Building and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning (Hazardous Substances) Act 1990
- Planning and Compensation Act 1991
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- Planning Act 2008.
This is contained in Government Orders and Regulations. Current secondary legislation includes:
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (GPDO) (SI 1995 No 418)
- Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (the Use Classes Order) (SI 1987 No 764)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Plan) Regulations 1991 (SI 1991 No 2794)
- Town and Country Planning General Regulations 1992 (SI 1992 No 1492)
- Town and Country Planning Development Management ( Wales) Order 2012
For details of all the above Acts and Orders, please visit the Office of Public Sector Information website (external link).