Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
A legal obligation to report any child or adult believed to be at risk of abuse or neglect will be implemented in Wales in 2016, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford today announced.
- “Get vaccinated against the flu”, Wales’ top doctor urges
- 0808 80 10 800 - 24 hour help for domestic abuse victims
- New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
- Independent Living Fund – future arrangements to support recipients in Wales
- Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
We are now able to create our own primary legislation in Wales. Primary legislation can also be created by Acts of Parliament. The Planning (Wales) Bill was introduced to the National Assembly for Wales on 6 October 2014.
Primary legislation can also be created by Acts of Parliament. Current primary legislation includes:
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Planning (Listed Building and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning (Hazardous Substances) Act 1990
- Planning and Compensation Act 1991
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- Planning Act 2008.
This is contained in Government Orders and Regulations. Current secondary legislation includes:
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (GPDO) (SI 1995 No 418)
- Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (the Use Classes Order) (SI 1987 No 764)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Plan) Regulations 1991 (SI 1991 No 2794)
- Town and Country Planning General Regulations 1992 (SI 1992 No 1492)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (Wales) Order 2012
For details of all the above Acts and Orders, please visit the Office of Public Sector Information website (external link).