Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
Businesses in the seven Welsh Enterprise Zones are being invited to bid for more than £3 million in the latest round of a Welsh Government Business Rate scheme.
- Welsh Ministers take hard line to end FGM in Wales
- NHS Wales Awards 2014 Finalists Announced
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Consultation on the Statutory Guidance on Securing Sufficient Play Opportunities
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
45 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The Welsh Government's Planning Division is responsible for administering the Wales Planning Policy Development Programme and ensuring that any research or policy implementation work meets the priorities and needs of the Welsh Government.
The programme was originally established in 2000 under the title the Wales Planning Research Programme. The key aims were identified in the Land Use Scoping Study (2000) and are still relevant today. They are:
- to focus on distinctive Welsh issues;
- to support the development of planning policy;
- to provide management information for land use planning policy development; and
- to develop best practice guidance.
In 2005 a quinquennial review of the research programme was undertaken, this work was completed in 2006 and is available to download. This report identified a number of recommendations, including the renaming and restructuring of the programme to facilitate not only the funding of planning research but also the implementation and evaluation of policy resulting from it.
Research is carried out predominantly by external commission, although some projects are undertaken collaboratively with other organisations.
Enquires about the programme should be addressed to:
Planning Policy Branch
or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.