Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
More Welsh companies winning major public sector contracts, Jane Hutt reveals
More Welsh companies are winning major public sector contracts in Wales thanks to action being taken by the Welsh Government to simplify the procurement process.
- Minister asks farmers to have their say on EIDCymru
- Play to highlight Modern Slavery issues to AMs
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- More Welsh companies winning major public sector contracts, Jane Hutt reveals
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Consultation on the Statutory Guidance on Securing Sufficient Play Opportunities
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
44 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Planning Policy Wales (Edition 6, February 2014)
It provides the policy framework for the effective preparation of local planning authorities’ development plans.
This is supplemented by 22 topic based Technical Advice Notes (TANs). Procedural guidance is given in Welsh Office / National Assembly for Wales / Welsh Government circulars.
Planning Policy Wales, the TANs and the circulars may be material to decisions on individual planning applications. They will be considered by the Welsh Ministers and Planning Inspectors in the determination of called-in planning applications and appeals.
Planning Policy Wales can be downloaded below. It includes web links for all the reference documents.
The full document below is a relatively large file (5MB) and may take some time to download. The individual chapters are also available below and are smaller.
The summaries of the changes made to the previous editions of Planning Policy Wales and a summary of the latest changes are also available.
How to use this document
The documents referenced and explanatory notes mentioned in Planning Policy Wales are available as bookmarks within the document. They are also listed at the end of each chapter. These documents and notes provide information that should be read with Planning Policy Wales.
Planning Policy Wales is published electronically only. Proposed changes will be consulted upon as draft planning policy changes and, once agreed, will be published in a new edition of Planning Policy Wales.