Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
First Minister Carwyn Jones and the Welsh Language Commissioner Meri Huws have welcomed the publication of an in-depth survey of how people are using the Welsh language.
- ‘Choose Pharmacy’ pilot ‘shows potential’ in improving access to local health services, report finds
- New Children’s Commissioner for Wales announced
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Amendments to the Government Guidance notes on the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009
- Sharing the location of TB infected farms
- Planning and related decisions of the Welsh Ministers
- Fire and Rescue Authority – Performance Indicators 2015-16 onwards
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
84 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Technical Advice Note 6 – Planning for Sustainable Rural Communities (2010)
The guide is aimed at planning applicants, their advisers, and local planning authorities.
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
Practical guidance on how the planning system can support sustainable rural communities.
This guidance provides advice on:
- sustainable rural communities
- sustainable rural economies
- rural affordable housing
- rural enterprise dwellings
- one planet developments
- sustainable rural services
- sustainable agriculture.
Technical Advice Note 6 – planning for sustainable rural communities (File size: 1MB)