National School Categorisation System »This new system is not purely data-driven but also takes into account the leadership, teaching and learning that goes on in our schools.Learn more »
Extra £425m for the Welsh NHS in a ‘Priorities for Wales’ Budget 2015-16
Jane Hutt, Minister for Finance & Government Business, today announced £425m of extra funding to the Welsh NHS in this year and next, in order to deliver high quality, sustainable health services.
- Welsh Government and Welsh Liberal Democrats: Joint Statement on Two-Year Budget agreement
- Welsh Government announces a “flying doctors” service for Wales
- Extra £425m for the Welsh NHS in a ‘Priorities for Wales’ Budget 2015-16
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Implementing the Emissions Performance Standard: Monitoring and Enforcement Arrangements in England and Wales
- Collection and management of devolved taxes in Wales
- Draft 10-year plan for the early years, childcare and play workforce in Wales
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
- Consultation on improving the availability of allotments and community gardens
Featured consultation »Draft 10-year plan for the early years, childcare and play workforce
75 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Useful design guides
This page details documents and websites about sustainable design.
A Model Design Guide for Wales: Residential Development
We are committed to achieving good design in all development in Wales. This guide is a practical tool to help deliver this aim.
Visit: A Model Design Guide for Wales: Residential Development (external link)
Creating Excellent Buildings
This guide is a valuable source of advice for commissioning and managing building projects. The guide is for clients and their design and construction teams. This guide is on the Commission for Architecture and Built Environment (CABE) web site. It is endorsed by the Design Commission for Wales.
Visit: Creating Excellent Buildings (external link)
Affordable Rural Housing Initiative - Creating a Sense of Place: A Design Guide
This guide deals with the appearance, construction and layout of affordable housing for villages and small towns. Welsh and UK case studies are used to show good design in practice and the wider benefits this brings.