Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
“Autumn Statement has done little to change the challenging public finance outlook for Wales” – Jane Hutt
Wales’ Finance Minister Jane Hutt has responded to the UK Government’s Autumn Statement – saying that it has done little to change the challenging public finance outlook for Wales.
- New guidance on care and support for over 65s
- Independent report revealed at the Event Wales International Conference 2013 outlines positive impact of games and events for Wales
- “Autumn Statement has done little to change the challenging public finance outlook for Wales” – Jane Hutt
- Consultation on Regional engagement partnership structures in the tourism sector
- Implementation of Commission Directive 2013/45/EU concerning the change to the botanical name of tomato
- School term dates regulations
- Beyond 2011: Consultation on Census and future provision of population statistics in England and Wales
- M4 Corridor around Newport Consultation
- Undertaking fatal and non-fatal drug poisoning reviews in Wales
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
62 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Sustainable Development Challenge Fund
Hay on Earth – Green Dragon’s Den 2013
Day one saw five excellent projects pitch for the Welsh Government supported category of Sustainable Communities where Part Time Carnivore walked away with £10,000 funding. Day two, sponsored by Unltd, had five passionate pitchers fight for the win. Ellen Petts of Green Stream recycling finally scooped the £15,000 prize for the social entrepreneurs category. Unltd also took the opportunity to celebrate their 10 year anniversary, sharing their lunch with a bunch of passionate attendees to Landmarc 100’s Resilient Communities workshop, which sparked great conversations undoubtedly leading to further Unltd Award offers.
Last year’s success stories Dung Beetles Direct, 4CG - Community Ownership and Generate RCT presented how they evolved since receiving the funding, all showing with great enthusiasm what is possible with small amounts of seed funding.
To date the Green Dragon’s Den, at Hay Festival, has awarded £135,000 of grants to over a dozen of projects in the last five years.
The shortlisted projects presenting at Hay on Earth Green Dragon’s Den 2013 were:
Sustainable Communities supported by Welsh Government
- Rev Cymru
- Rotaire Dryline
- Grow it - Cook it - Eat it
- Get Ffresh
- Part-time Carnivore
Social Enterpreneurs supported by Unltd
- Green Stream Carpets
- A Wheelie Good Idea - Clynfiw CIC
- Action for Elders
Green Dragon’s Den 2013 Winners: