Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New Children’s Commissioner for Wales announced
Minister for Communities and Tackling Poverty, Lesley Griffiths, has today announced the appointment of Professor Sally Holland as the new Children’s Commissioner for Wales.
- £70m investment in the Welsh NHS will help reform services – Mark Drakeford
- Beaumaris to benefit from £1.2m coastal flood defence scheme
- New Children’s Commissioner for Wales announced
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Amendments to the Government Guidance notes on the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009
- Consultation on the Code of Guidance to Local Authorities on the Allocation of Accommodation and Homelessness 2015
- Revised Child Poverty Strategy for Wales
- Sharing the location of TB infected farms
- Planning and related decisions of the Welsh Ministers
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
85 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Based upon the exceptional quality of its landscape, natural environment and rich biodiversity, together with its strong sense of culture and heritage, Wales attracts large numbers of visitors.
There is no specific policy or programme targeting support for rural tourism at present. The following policy documents however, address several of the issues which face the development and promotion of tourism in rural Wales.
The following strategies address specific issues on a thematic or geographical basis. Further information on each of these strategies is available by clicking on the related link to the right.
Coastal Tourism Strategy
Sustainable Tourism Framework and Action Plan
Food Tourism Action Plan
Cultural Tourism Action Plan
Major Events Strategy
Sustainable Tourism and Transport assessment.