Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
Businesses in the seven Welsh Enterprise Zones are being invited to bid for more than £3 million in the latest round of a Welsh Government Business Rate scheme.
- Welsh Ministers take hard line to end FGM in Wales
- NHS Wales Awards 2014 Finalists Announced
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Consultation on the Statutory Guidance on Securing Sufficient Play Opportunities
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
45 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Hotel and guest accommodation grading schemes changes
The common standards accommodation grading schemes for Hotel and Guest Accommodation has been operational in Wales since 2007. Visit Wales and the other common standards partners (VisitEngland, Visit Scotland, the AA and more recently the Northern Ireland Tourist Board) have undertaken research since 2008 (independently and jointly) to assess the impact of the harmonised grading schemes. This research has also enabled us to better understand how we can develop the schemes further to meet the needs of our consumers and the industry.
In response to our findings from this research, we can now confirm that revisions to the criteria will take place. The changes will be implemented from 1 April 2012 onwards. We’re aware that these changes will affect some businesses more than others. Please be assured that our Quality Advisers will adopt a pragmatic and flexible approach wherever possible to overcome any potential barriers or difficulties. A two year lead in period will be allowed for businesses to make any necessary adjustments/improvements to their businesses.
The document below details all the relevant changes. If you would like to discuss these changes further please contact us on email@example.com or call us on 0845 010 8020.