Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
A legal obligation to report any child or adult believed to be at risk of abuse or neglect will be implemented in Wales in 2016, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford today announced.
- “Get vaccinated against the flu”, Wales’ top doctor urges
- 0808 80 10 800 - 24 hour help for domestic abuse victims
- New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
- Independent Living Fund – future arrangements to support recipients in Wales
- Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The mystery shopper is an independent review service open to hotels, guest accommodation and restaurants with rooms currently participating in the Visit Wales grading scheme.
The mystery shopper costs between £110 and £360 per visit. Costs depend on the number of visits per year plus the cost of dinner, bed and breakfast at the standard rate. One of our trained assessors will stay overnight incognito at your hotel to test and observe the level of service and facilities on offer.
We’ll provide verbal and written feedback on aspects such as:
- Booking and arrival procedures
- Cleanliness and comfort of bedrooms and public areas
- Quality of food and beverages served
- Courtesy of staff and the standards of service
- Standards of cleanliness and maintenance
- Courtesy of staff in overseeing the guest's departure.
For more information and an application form please download the document below.