Green Growth Wales »The proposed Green Growth Wales fund aims to increase and accelerate projects to deliver green investment in Wales.Learn more »
Consultation into Public Service Staff Commission opens
Public Service Minister Leighton Andrews AM is putting workforce matters at the centre of the public service reform agenda
- CGI to bring 620 jobs to Bridgend thanks to Welsh Government Support
- Welsh Government responds to Daily Mail claims on Welsh NHS
- Consultation into Public Service Staff Commission opens
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Public Services Staff Commission
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Early Years Outcomes Framework
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings) (Wales) Regulations
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Extending access to intermediary services for descendants and relatives of adopted people
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Tell us about your rail experience
If you have a complaint about the railway or the service you have received from a train company then you should complain directly.
Most complaints can be resolved in the first instance by dealing directly with the company responsible.
Rail passenger feedback
We want to seek people's opinions on services and stations to help us monitor quality and discuss improvements with train operators and Network Rail. Please fill in our form with your comments; it can be completed online or via the PDF form below.
- Online form (External link)
Please send your completed PDF form to: Rail Feedback, Welsh Government, Freepost NAT 8910, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3BR or email@example.com
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint or you do not feel the train company handled it appropriately you can contact Passenger Focus who will independently review your complaint and judge whether they feel it was handled fairly and appropriately.
Passenger Focus is an independent public body set up by the Government to protect the interests of Britain's rail passengers. The Department for Transport funds Passenger Focus but their independence is guaranteed by an act of Parliament.
To contact Passenger Focus
- Telephone: 0300 123 2350
- Fax: 0845 850 1392
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO BOX 4257
Their passenger helpline is open 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday and 8am - 4pm weekends.