Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Royal Assent for Wales Bill delivers new financial powers says First Minister
First Minister of Wales Carwyn Jones has today welcomed the Wales Bill receiving Royal Assent.
- Plans to strengthen teacher assessment will help drive up standards
- Welsh Government CSOs safety drive
- Royal Assent for Wales Bill delivers new financial powers says First Minister
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- National Training Framework on gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Travelling to better health
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Here is a list of completed projects.
We improved the accessibility of Swansea High Street station as part of our NSIP+ project.
The Welsh Government invested £8.5m in a £22m scheme with Network Rail.
This was a £13.2 million project to extend 42 platforms to enhance passenger capacity on the Valleys routes when demand is high.
Llanharan Station re-opened for passenger services on 10 December 2007. The station was originally closed in 1964 under the Beeching Cuts.
The Welsh Government has invested over £40m to re-open railway lines in Wales for passenger services.
ERTMS is a Network Rail cab-based signalling and train control system.
The Cardiff to Merthyr Tydfil Frequency Enhancement Project has increased train services between Cardiff Central and Merthyr Tydfil from hourly to every half hour.
The Welsh Assembly Government and Network Rail have invested £13m to enhance infrastructure on the Cambrian Railway Line. Works for this project have now been completed.