Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Proposals for the inshore crustacean fishery - Phase 1
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
56 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The improvement and ongoing maintenance of roads can have positive and negative effects on the environment.
What we are responsible for
We have a responsibility to reduce the harmful effects of our motorway and trunk road network.
We do this through:
- the operation and management of our motorway and trunk roads, and,
- our planning , design and construction procedures for new infrastructure.
How we protect the environment during road projects and works
In carrying out projects and works on our road network we seek to:
- Identify the main environmental effects and apply mitigation measures to projects and maintenance works. For significant road proposals we produce an Environmental Statement Non-technical Summary. These documents identify the main environmental effects and describe mitigation measures.
- Conserve and enhance environmental features on our road network. One way we carry out this work is through Environmental Initiatives. Further information about our initiatives is available by selecting ‘Environmental Initiatives’ on the left hand side of this page.
Encouraging best practice
We encourage best practice through:
- Providing advice and guidance on best practice. Advice and guidance are available on our 'Interim Advice Notes' page found on the left hand side of this page.
- Undertaking relevant research, examples can be found on our 'Research Reports' page found on the left hand side of this page.