National School Categorisation System »This new system is not purely data-driven but also takes into account the leadership, teaching and learning that goes on in our schools.Learn more »
Spot checks reveal no systemic concerns about patient care in Welsh hospitals
Unannounced spot checks to test standards of care in district general hospitals across Wales have found “no systemic issues of concern” a report published today reveals.
- Work to start in every telephone exchange area across Wales as superfast broadband roll-out gathers pace
- First Minister of Wales - Speech on a New Union
- Spot checks reveal no systemic concerns about patient care in Welsh hospitals
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- There are currently no recently added consultations
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Draft 10-year plan for the early years, childcare and play workforce
56 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The improvement and ongoing maintenance of roads can have positive and negative effects on the environment.
What we are responsible for
We have a responsibility to reduce the harmful effects of our motorway and trunk road network.
We do this through:
- the operation and management of our motorway and trunk roads, and,
- our planning , design and construction procedures for new infrastructure.
How we protect the environment during road projects and works
In carrying out projects and works on our road network we seek to:
- Identify the main environmental effects and apply mitigation measures to projects and maintenance works. For significant road proposals we produce an Environmental Statement Non-technical Summary. These documents identify the main environmental effects and describe mitigation measures.
- Conserve and enhance environmental features on our road network. One way we carry out this work is through Environmental Initiatives. Further information about our initiatives is available by selecting ‘Environmental Initiatives’ on the left hand side of this page.
Encouraging best practice
We encourage best practice through:
- Providing advice and guidance on best practice. Advice and guidance are available on our 'Interim Advice Notes' page found on the left hand side of this page.
- Undertaking relevant research, examples can be found on our 'Research Reports' page found on the left hand side of this page.