Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
84 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The improvement and ongoing maintenance of roads can have positive and negative effects on the environment.
What we are responsible for
We have a responsibility to reduce the harmful effects of our motorway and trunk road network.
We do this through:
- the operation and management of our motorway and trunk roads, and,
- our planning , design and construction procedures for new infrastructure.
How we protect the environment during road projects and works
In carrying out projects and works on our road network we seek to:
- Identify the main environmental effects and apply mitigation measures to projects and maintenance works. For significant road proposals we produce an Environmental Statement Non-technical Summary. These documents identify the main environmental effects and describe mitigation measures.
- Conserve and enhance environmental features on our road network. One way we carry out this work is through Environmental Initiatives. Further information about our initiatives is available by selecting ‘Environmental Initiatives’ on the left hand side of this page.
Encouraging best practice
We encourage best practice through:
- Providing advice and guidance on best practice. Advice and guidance are available on our 'Interim Advice Notes' page found on the left hand side of this page.
- Undertaking relevant research, examples can be found on our 'Research Reports' page found on the left hand side of this page.