Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
First Minister news conference
First Minister Carwyn Jones has held a press conference following the outcome of the Scottish Referendum result.
- Extra Safe Routes in Communities funding for Bridgend schools
- Ground-breaking North Wales clothing export centre opened
- First Minister news conference
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
23 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Interim Advice Notes (IANs)
Interim Advice Notes (IANs) are “Design Manual for Roads and Bridges” (DMRB) Advice Notes. They are published pending the final advice notes.
What are IANs used for?
IANs are used by organisations involved in the improvement and operation of our road network. The IANs here should only be used in connection with works on motorways and trunk roads in Wales.
IANs must be read in conjunction with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCHW) which are available on the Standards for highways website. (External link)
Status in Wales
The status of IANs in Wales can be found by selecting 'Interim Advice Notes Status in Wales' on the left hand side of this page.
Published Wales only
The Welsh Government publishes 'Wales Only' IANs. These are issued with the same reference number and suffixed with "(W)".
These can be found by selecting 'Published Wales Only Interim Advice Notes' on the left hand side of this page.
For the Highways Agency IANs used in England visit the Standards for highways website (External link).