Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
82 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Interim Advice Notes (IANs)
Interim Advice Notes (IANs) are “Design Manual for Roads and Bridges” (DMRB) Advice Notes. They are published pending the final advice notes.
What are IANs used for?
IANs are used by organisations involved in the improvement and operation of our road network. The IANs here should only be used in connection with works on motorways and trunk roads in Wales.
IANs must be read in conjunction with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCHW) which are available on the Standards for highways website. (External link)
Status in Wales
The status of IANs in Wales can be found by selecting 'Interim Advice Notes Status in Wales' on the left hand side of this page.
Published Wales only
The Welsh Government publishes 'Wales Only' IANs. These are issued with the same reference number and suffixed with "(W)".
These can be found by selecting 'Published Wales Only Interim Advice Notes' on the left hand side of this page.
For the Highways Agency IANs used in England visit the Standards for highways website (External link).