Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Superfast speeds come to Royal Welsh showground
The Royal Welsh is speeding ahead with superfast internet available on the showground for the first time this year, thanks to the Superfast Cymru programme.
- Action to improve care for critically ill patients
- First Minister begins search for the best of Wales
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Superfast speeds come to Royal Welsh showground
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Registration fees for the education workforce in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies (JHLAS)
- Consultation on the Equality Impact Assessments for the 2014-2020 Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Legislative proposals for Additional Learning Needs – White paper
- The Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
80 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Interim Advice Notes (IANs)
Interim Advice Notes (IANs) are “Design Manual for Roads and Bridges” (DMRB) Advice Notes. They are published pending the final advice notes.
What are IANs used for?
IANs are used by organisations involved in the improvement and operation of our road network. The IANs here should only be used in connection with works on motorways and trunk roads in Wales.
IANs must be read in conjunction with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCHW) which are available on the Standards for highways website. (External link)
Status in Wales
The status of IANs in Wales can be found by selecting 'Interim Advice Notes Status in Wales' on the left hand side of this page.
Published Wales only
The Welsh Government publishes 'Wales Only' IANs. These are issued with the same reference number and suffixed with "(W)".
These can be found by selecting 'Published Wales Only Interim Advice Notes' on the left hand side of this page.
For the Highways Agency IANs used in England visit the Standards for highways website (External link).